1. Get in Touch
- Please contact or email firstname.lastname@example.org to inquire about making a custom piece.
- Some important information to keep in mind:
Stone type, shape and size
Finger size / length of chain for necklaces or bracelets
Budget and timeline
- Reference images and finger sizes are a helpful starting place but not necessary, as we do offer complimentary sizing.
- Custom work and engagement rings take approximately 3-8 weeks (before shipping) depending on the complexity of the piece.
- If there is specific deadline, we will do our our best to accommodate.
Available by Appointment:
Made You Look
2. Set up a Meeting
- Schedule an appointment with designer, Heather to create your one of a kind special piece.
- If you are in the Toronto area, we can meet at Made You Look – 1338 Queen St. W. to establish the details of the project and for stone viewing.
- If you are unable to physically meet, we are happy to work over email or schedule a phone call.
3. Deposit / Payments
- We will provide a quick sketch of the idea.
- To proceed with final renderings we require a $200 deposit *this is non-refundable.
- Once the desired stone(s) are selected and the details of the project are determined, we will give you an estimate of the total cost for the project.
- Another payment of either 50% of the final price or full cost of the stone(s) is required to proceed in order to get the work started.
- In cases where the stone(s) are valued at or over $3,000 + they must be paid for in full.
4. Sketches / Rendering
- 1-3 sketches
- We will develop a 3D computer rendering, which can be revised with you feedback to hone in on the fine details.
5. Production / Making
- A hand-carved wax model or 3D printed model will be made – we can still make minor adjustments at this point.
- Once the wax models are approved, they are cast in the desired metal, cleaned up, then the stones are set and the final details are added.
- We will be in touch throughout the process and keep you updated along the way!
- If at any point you are curious as to what stage your piece is at in production, do not hesitate to ask.
- The timeline is approximately 3-8 weeks, depending on complexity of project.
- Any changes made at this time will be subject to fees to cover re-modelling, re-casting, or changing gemstones, and may delay completion of your piece.
- Pieces over $1,000 will be appraised by a gemologist specialist and you will receive the appraisal certificate with your completed piece.
6. Pick up / Delivery & Final Balance
- Your piece is ready!
- The final remaining balance is required prior to or during the pick-up of the final piece (or before being shipped out).
We look forward to working with you!